Our President and co-founder had the privilege of speaking with financial services marketing guru Frank Napolitani covering a wide range of topics in ~25 minutes. The gears of the allocation process have started to move. Time to ramp up the sales and marketing efforts!
Some of the topics covered include:
- What is the role of a Placement Agent?
- What should fund managers look for (and avoid) in evaluating a placement agent?
- Why outsource the capital raising process?
- How long should one expect an institutional investor will take to make a decision?
- How are you sourcing new managers?
- What is the normal fund client communication cadence as it relates to sales pipeline review?
- Fees – summarizing “market” fee schedules for engaging a placement agent and how those fee schedules differ from hedge funds to private equity?