Life insurance industry veteran with expertise in risk-based capital models, reinsurance, Federal Home Loan Bank matters, as well as an understanding of insurance tax and accounting considerations and the product and distribution marketplace
- Prior to forming Montshire, Bob led corporate development at National Life Group, a Fortune 1000 insurance company where he focused on capital optimization structures and transactions such as reinsurance, corporate-owned life insurance, certified capital companies and other tax-advantaged investments, interest rate and equity market hedging, and Federal Home Loan bank programs.
- Prior to National Life, Bob led mergers and acquisitions at Sentry Insurance, a Fortune 1000 property and casualty insurer.
- Prior to Sentry, Bob held business development positions with GXS (formerly GE Information Services), ITOCHU International (an $86 Billion Japanese conglomerate) and Westinghouse.
- Bob’s reinsurance transaction experience includes two $1 billion in-force fixed annuity blocks, a $500 Million variable annuity and variable universal life block, a $500 Million variable and fixed universal life block, and a new business equity indexed annuity reinsurance transaction. In addition, Bob has worked on numerous commercial transactions, acquisitions and capital raising transactions.
- Bob has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from West Virginia University and an MBA from Georgetown University.
- Bob has his Series 7 and Series 66 securities licenses and is a registered representative of Castle Hill Partners.
- Bob has his life producer and reinsurance intermediary licenses.